I'm getting behind. I've got Easter and Grace's birthday to get blogged and I still haven't finished the trip. Our off days on the trip are often just as fun (gasp) as our Disneyland days. It's always nice to have a change of pace for a day.
We had a minor problem this year called the GPS. It was a nightmare. Brian and I both have old barely functioning phones right now. Brian's has the best GPS by far. Every time we'd type in an address or just as we needed to make the next turn it would say "GPS signal lost". Then his phone would lock up and we'd get way off course. It made ALL of our travel take longer and was a bit frustrating. Meg ended up wearing her headphones everywhere we went because it stressed her out to hear us get stressed out.
Finding this bird sanctuary was the roughest. It's this very cool sanctuary located on a Vet campus. The GPS got us to the campus but there were literally no signs leading to where the sanctuary was. It was worth the effort though. These birds loooved attention. They talked and chatted. Adin made a friend with one of them that was mad if he would walk away. It's really a fun place to visit. We only had a short time before it closed due to our inability to find it, but it ended up being the perfect amount of time.


Next we attempted to find lunch. That was a complete joke with the GPS. We finally found a tiny mcdonalds though and then headed to the Getty. We went here on our last trip, but we got there only an hour before closing time so we were determined to get more time. We were hopeful that Grace would last a little while looking at paintings but it only lasted 5 minutes. Everyones in there studying the paintings and theres a general quietness about the place so you add a rambunctious 2 year old and you feel like you're disturbing everyone. I took her to the courtyard and the gardens for a couple hours while Brian and the kids explored.
It has a really cool view from the top.
The gardens are really beautiful.
I'm convinced that a trip to California without a trip to Farmer's Market just wouldn't feel right at this point. It's become our little spot that we always make time for. I loved it just as much as I always do. It always includes a trip the bathrooms at The Grove mall. They are the fanciest bathrooms you will ever be in. They have actual hand towels to dry your hands and a maid in there full time wiping things down after every use. The kids get a big kick out of it.
Our last two days of Disney were just as magical as the first.
This was a not so magical moment though. Brian waited nearly two hours to ride Peter Pan. I kept Grace out of the line until the very end because she wasn't the most patient line waiter. She just didn't get the concept of waiting your turn.
I loved how she kept rubbing Eeyore's belly
We waited in line twice for the princesses. The first time we went through I bumped a button on my nice camera that made it so that all the pictures were blurry. I ended up snapping with the iphone but just didn't love them. Plus I had brought a story book for them to sign that I forgot the first time through. Brian might have thought I was insane but he humored me. :)
This was one of my favorite moments of the trip. We didn't want to ride splash mountain late in the day because we didn't want to freeze. Brian and Meg rode it in the early afternoon and when Adin and I went to ride it, it broke down. Adin reallllly wanted to ride it one more time so we did it. Everyone was requesting the back because no one wanted to be cold. Plus the line was nonexistent so they gave me and Adin our own boat. It was so fun. Adin showed me the face that he wanted me to copy. When we were done he told me I didn't quite pull it off. Haha.
One of the nights in the hotel, I wrote a list on my ipad of things I didn't want to forget about this trip.
1-By far my favorite moments on this trip were taking Grace on pirates. She loooved that ride. Her wide eyes taking everything in and then immediately wanting to ride it again. At first she didn't love the drops but by the end she was holding up here hands and insisting we all "put hands up". She loved the smoke in the cave opening right before the boat scene. She would hold her hands up a full minute before we got there in anticipation. It was so cute.
2- I love early morning in the hotel with Gracie. She would wake up long before the others so we would either jump in the shower together or try and sit quietly and play on the ipad.
3-On our last night Brian, Meg, and Adin were riding Big Thunder and it was dark out. I was sitting with Grace at the exit. She noticed stars in the sky and asked me to sing Twinkle Star. I sang it for her and her eyes sparkled and she had the biggest smile as she rocked back and forth listening to me sing it. It was magic.
4-I love Grace running up and hugging and patting the Pooh characters
5-I loved the older kids fighting over who to sit by on rides.
6-I adored the one on one time with the older kids when we had to split up for rides.
7-The older kids thought everything Grace did was soooo cute and they loved watching her experience things the first time
Disneyland 2016 was a truly magical trip!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment